• Search OPAC

Most Checked-Out Books (in Japanese)
The 10 most-read books by our seniors

The books which symbolize our department (in Japanese)

Recommended Books List by Students (Junior staff)
(in Japanese)

      Mines in Paintings and Illustrated Scrolls Collection Image Database (in Japanese)
    Animation of "Saki no Ohtsu Agawa-mura yama-satetsu arai-tori no zu"



Please ask us (Access), if you have any questions about Libraries for Engineering and Information Science & Technology.

Please check OPAC Help, if you have questions about OPAC or MyOPAC.

MyOPAC, Delivery Request
  • Which is my home library?
  • If you are a member of the Faculty of Engineering, the School of Engineering and the Graduate School of Information Science & Technology, please check Library List. The members of other faculties, please see List of Univ. of Tokyo libraries.
  • Can I change my home library?
  • Your home library can be changed if your department and your laboratory are located on different campuses. Please consult with the library at which you want to receive materials.

    e.g.) your department is School of Engineering, your professor's department is Graduate School of Frontier Sciences and you mainly study on Kashiwa Campus. In this case, you may change the home library from Engineering and Information Science & Technology to Kashiwa Library. (Consult with Kashiwa Library.)
  • I have changed my e-mail address/phone number/address.
  • Undergraduates and graduates can change their registration information through UTAS.
    Faculty and staff: Please consult your home library.
  • I need some books/journals which are not held by the Libraries of the University of Tokyo.
  • You can request photocopies of articles/books/journals from other university libraries to your home library. For details, please see Request Materials from Other Universities.
    Also, you can make a request for library purchase of a book via My OPAC. (The request for a book will be considered by the library to which the request is made.)
  • How can I pay at private expense?
  • If you are a member of the Faculty of Engineering, the School of Engineering and the Graduate School of Information Science & Technology, please see Payment (at private expense).
E-Journals and Databases
  • How do I access E-Journals or Databases from outside the campus?
  • Any current member of The University of Tokyo may use e-resources from outside of the campus with "EZproxy". (You will need to have your "UTokyo Account")
  • I cannot access some E-Journal/Database from my laboratory.
  • Please ask our library or through ASK Service with:
    -The title of the journal or database
    -The volume and issue of the journal
    -The title and page number of the article
    -IP Address of your computer
  • I do not understand which database fits my purpose.
  • You can search for databases by source types and subjects in Literacy. And The University of Tokyo Library System provides "Database training session". If you would like to get more information, please consult the library counter or ask through ASK Service.
For non-members of the University of Tokyo
  • Can non-members of the University of Tokyo use the libraries?
  • Non-members can read and photocopy books and journals in the libraries.
    Before visiting, please search OPAC for which library has the materials you are looking for. And please ask the library whether you can use the material in advance. (Contact: Please see Library List.) For more information, please see Information for non-members.

Ask on the Web

ASK Service

The ASK Service is a library online reference service for members of the University of Tokyo.